1. The Los Angeles Times interviews superstar chef (and Plate IQ client) Dominique Crenn.
2. From The Seattle Times, a writer attends the Women Chefs & Restaurateurs Conference and reports on an industry dominated by men.
3. Bumble Bee Foods, producer of the ubiquitous tuna cans, has agreed to pay$25 million in fines and plead guilty to price fixing.
4. A top Pennsylvania restaurant draws criticism for (intentionally and explicitly) serving horse meat.
5. The New York Times profiles John T. Edge, the director of the Southern Foodways Alliance.